Friday, September 17, 2010

Practical Application

Day 40

Quartering a chicken, check. Filleting a fish, check. Preparing creme anglaise, check. Piping creme chantilly, check.

I completed all those tasks today, along with taking a written comprehensive test. I'm exhausted. I'm also ecstatic—chef posted our grades soon after class ended, and it turns out I'm heading to Level 3. Looks like all that practice paid off.

Despite my physical and mental fatigue, I found energy to celebrate. I went out to dinner at Back Forty with some friends, and we munched on pork jowl nuggets, yuca fries with red onion aioli, fried squash blossoms stuffed with goat cheese and fresh doughnuts with Concord grape sauce. We then headed to Grape and Grain, a lively neighborhood wine bar in the East Village, and ordered a couple bottles.

Level 2, check.

2 comments:

  1. C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!!!!!!! I am very proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Did we decide on our Iron Chef battle? :)

    ReplyDelete