Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oeuf!... I Did it Again

Day 53

Consomme was consuming my life before; now it's poached eggs.

I think I have the clear soup down. It no longer intimidates me like it did a few weeks ago. What is scary is poached eggs over cooked vegetables with hollandaise. Individually, all the components for the dish aren't too bad. Something changes, though, when they're all put together.

It's funny, because this seems to be the one dish with which the majority of the class has issues. For many, it's the hollandaise. I don't want to jinx myself, but I find the sauce enjoyable to make (besides the fact that I apparently over-salted it last week). I've never really had problems with it breaking like the others.

Today, the vegetables were my obstacle of all things. They were a runny mess and weren't seasoned properly. Hopefully it's an easy fix for Friday when we have to make the dish AGAIN.

Hit me baby, one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment